Colorado Native Plant Society
is a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the knowledge,
appreciation and conservation of native plants and
habitats of Colorado through education,
stewardship and advocacy
Scroll Down for News & Bookstore
Kenosha Pass, South Park, Park Co. [credit]
This Site Is a Celebration of Colorado's Beautiful Flora and Landscapes
2015 Colorado Native Plant Society Annual Conference
and Colorado Rare Plant Symposium were held at the
American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado
on September 11-13, 2015
Check out the photo galleries of the events here:
Jennifer Ackerfield's Flora of Colorado
Now in Stock !! To order, go to the CoNPS Bookstore
CoNPS 2015 Summer Field Trips Has Been Completed. The 2016 Field Trips will be posted in the Winter of 2015 or Beginning of 2016. Keep Checking Back.
CoNPS 2015 Workshop Season Off The Ground
Check out the Workshop Page for the first three workshops:
Incorporating Colorado Native Plants into Your Landscape
Introduction to the Parsley Family
CoNPS Website Update
In spite of the temptation to play hooky over the summer we have made some great additions to our website.
Now visitors and members can register and pay for membership on-line at our Join - Donate page, accessed by the button in the upper right hand corner of this home page. Here you can join the society, fill out survey forms and make donations if you wish. Payments are made to your credit card through PayPal.
Second, our bookstore is up and running and fully stocked with all the wonderful books about Colorado Flora. You can access our bookstore through the menu at the bottom of this home page at Bookstore. By the way; we did a little survey of book prices and found that 80% the books in our bookstore were less expensive than those on Amazon.com.
But we love Amazon. In our bookstore you can sign up for AmazonSmile, designate CoNPS as a favored charity and a small piece of Amazon's profits will be donated to us for everything you buy. Use the blue button on the main menu of our bookstore, or go direct to AmazonSmile.
And for you native plant gardeners, visit our Native Plant Gardening page for great tips about how to get those native plant critters to grow and thrive in our hot, dry environment. You will find it under Resources on our main menu above.
- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, October 17, 2015 – Seed Picking at Rocky Flats
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, October 17, 2015 – Incorporating Colorado Native Plants into Your Landscapes
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, October 24, 2015 – CoNPS Board Meeting
- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, October 31, 2015 – Seed Picking at Rocky Flats
- 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, November 5, 2015 – Northern Chapter Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, November 12, 2015 – Boulder November Chapter Meeting
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, December 3, 2015 – Southern Rockies Seed Network 2015 Annual Meeting
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, December 5, 2015 – December 6, 2015 – Introduction to the Parsley Family
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, December 5, 2015 – CoNPS Board
- 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, January 7, 2016 – Northern Chapter Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, February 4, 2016 – Northern Chapter Meeting
- 9:00 am – 3:30 pm, February 20, 2016 – Seeds
- 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, March 3, 2016 – Northern Chapter Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, April 7, 2016 – Northern Chapter Meeting