Colorado Native Plant Society
dedicated to furthering the knowledge, appreciation and
conservation of native plants and habitats
of Colorado through education,
Scroll Down for News & Bookstore
Butler Gulch Cirque, Clear Creek Co. [credit]
This Site Is a Celebration of Colorado's Beautiful Flora and Landscapes
2015 Colorado Native Plant Society Annual Conference
and Colorado Rare Plant Symposium
American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado
Native Plants and Pollinators
September 11-13, 2015
Friday September 11 – 12th Annual Rare Plant Symposium
Saturday, September 12 – CoNPS Annual Meeting (programs)
Sunday, September 13 – Field Trips., Stay tuned for details!
Jennifer Ackerfield's Flora of Colorado
Now in Stock !! To order, go to the CoNPS Bookstore
CoNPS 2015 Summer Field Trips Winding Down
The 2015 field trip season is winding down, with only a few field trips left for September, and the last field trip on October 4th. Most of the September field trips are part of our 2015 Annual Conference and occur on Sunday, September 13. These are described not in the calendar, but on the Annual Conference web page.
Annual Seed Swap and Plant Sale, Saturday, September 19, 2015; 9 to 11 am; Butterfly Pavilion, Westminster, CO
CoNPS Website Update
In spite of the temptation to play hooky over the summer we have made some great additions to our website.
Now visitors and members can register and pay for membership on-line at our Join - Donate page, accessed by the button in the upper right hand corner of this home page. Here you can join the society, fill out survey forms and make donations if you wish. Payments are made to your credit card through PayPal.
Second, our bookstore is up and running and fully stocked with all the wonderful books about Colorado Flora. You can access our bookstore through the menu at the bottom of this home page at Bookstore. By the way; we did a little survey of book prices and found that 80% the books in our bookstore were less expensive than those on Amazon.com.
But we love Amazon. In our bookstore you can sign up for AmazonSmile, designate CoNPS as a favored charity and a small piece of Amazon's profits will be donated to us for everything you buy. Use the blue button on the main menu of our bookstore, or go direct to AmazonSmile.
And for you native plant gardeners, visit our Native Plant Gardening page for great tips about how to get those native plant critters to grow and thrive in our hot, dry environment. You will find it under Resources on our main menu above.
Native Plant Sale - September 19, 9am to 3pm
At High Plains Environmental Center, 2968 Bluestem Willow Drive, Loveland, CO. Large selection of perennials and grasses.
- 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm, September 9, 2015 – Cathy Fromme Prairie (West) Field Trip, Fort Collins, CO
- September 11, 2015 – Rare Plant Symposium
- September 11, 2015 – September 12, 2015 – Vol Training - Ecological Restoration
- September 12, 2015 – September 14, 2015 – CoNPS Annual Meeting
- September 12, 2015 – September 13, 2015 – Vol Training - Ecological Restoration
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am, September 19, 2015 – Annual Seed Swap and Plant Sale
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, September 19, 2015 – Native Plant Sale
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, September 26, 2015 – Hugh’s Cabin Barbecue and Hike, Poudre Canyon, CO
- October 4, 2015 – October 5, 2015 – Castlewood Canyon State Park
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, October 24, 2015 – CoNPS Board Meeting
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, December 5, 2015 – CoNPS Board