Annual Conference Committee
The Annual Conference Committee plans the CoNPS Annual Conference with input from the chapter that is helping to coordinate it that year. Members and volunteers are also needed to help at the conference staffing tables, working projectors and computers, helping coordinate food, coordinate field trips, introduce speakers, and staff the registration table, silent auction, etc. The committee is staffed by the Events Coordinator. The temporary volunteers are from the chapter responsible for that year’s conference. The Conferences usually alternate between East slope and West slope locations.
Do you enjoy working with other people, being creative, or planning an event? We need people for a variety of duties. We meet by email, in person, and by phone. Members can live anywhere. There are many ways to serve on the committee.
- Find sponsors to help fund the meeting
- Find speakers, keep them informed and updated, get their information to Aquilegia editor for Annual Conference issue
- Arrange for maps/lists of venue, nearby restaurants, nearby motels, etc.
- Help arrange carpooling, find guest rooms for members in need
- Help arrange snacks and drinks
- Help arrange social
- Help arrange food for Annual Conference
- Coordinate handouts
- Arrange poster sessions
- Arrange paid tables
2021 Annual Conference
Depending on the status of the corona virus, we plant to hold the 2021 Annual Conference in Trinidad, Colorado on September 11-12, 2021.
Denise Wilson is our events coordinator, and Maggie Gaddis and Steve Olson co-chairs of the committee from the Southwest Chapter.